Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

I really like the Murdoch Mysteries

Go down

I really like the Murdoch Mysteries

Post by MadameChung on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:01 pm

The Murdoch Mysteries is a TV show which takes place in the 1890s. Its about a police Detective named William Murdoch who uses what is back then new methods of investigation. That is so well known to those of us in the 21st century (Ie. finger printing, blood splattering,handwriting). There are 5 seasons and will be a six.

MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Re: I really like the Murdoch Mysteries

Post by MadameChung on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm looking at reviews of two episodes of the show. And the reviewer was annoyed at how PC the two episodes were. If he doesn't like the show that much why does he even both watching it?

The first one was about the African descant wife of an African Descant boxer (the victim). Well the wife had blood on her dress and she's in custody since everyone expect Murdoch thinks' she guilty. Well Murdoch said he will need the dress. Well the reviewer said this

" The storyline is ridiculous and I was completely turned off when Murdoch told the black woman he would need her dress and she thought he meant he was going to "take advantage" of her and she began "preparing" for the event. This scene was an unnecessary, erroneous comment on the mores of the period, detracted from the show and was a total turnoff for viewers who appreciate authenticity -- not the writer's warped ideas of "political correctness." Had the writer of this episode known anything at all about the time period he/she was writing about, this scene would have never been written. And had the producer known anything about the period, this scene would have been deleted"

and yet I think what the woman almost did (take her dress off) would be true for any African Descant woman in Victorian times. Since why else would a man (a Causian man) need a dress from a African descant woman if they weren't going to take advantage of?

MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum